Monday, May 13, 2013

Day 1 of Love & Respect Challenge

First I want to wish all of my mothers out there a Happy Late Mother's Day, I had all intentions of writing a post yesterday but this little baby of mine just had me sick and couldn't do much yesterday.

My hubby cooked for our family yesterday and we had a lazy relaxing day and great church. Over all it was a great Mother's Day, I hope you all enjoyed yours.



Today started our new challenge, we are reading a chapter a day til we finish and each day we will come here and reflect on what we read and how we can apply it to our marriage. You can read more about the challenge here, this challenge is to show wives how to respect their husbands and husbands to love their wives.

We get on a "Crazy Cycle" and don't even realize it and then we must learn how to get off and this book will tell us. The Crazy Cycle is this "Without Love She reacts and Without Respect He reacts" sounds familiar doesn't it? This book is based on biblical facts and today we read Chapter 1 and we learned how sometimes we don't realize that our lashing out in hopes of fixing our spouse really just makes them feel disrepected and that sometimes wet towels and peppered eggs can cause a big arguement and leave the wife feeling unloved and the husband disrespected. Today I want to learn to not try and fix my spouse but to understand how his heart works and learn to respect him even when I am feeling unloved. Simply learning to communicate is something that can help a whole lot of arguements and tomorrow we will read more about that.

What did you learn today while reading Chapter 1? What are somethings that you will be working on today? Are you enjoying this challenge so far? Tweet about it with the hashtag #GodlywifeyChallenge


Be Blessed,


Regina Cozad

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you,
Feel free to just share your heart!

Receive inspiration via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Things I am Involved In.

Popular Posts